CAS covers patents from around the world. Patent records from nine major patent offices worldwide that meet CAS selection criteria are available online in CAplusSM within two days of the patent's publication, and fully indexed by CAS scientists within 27 days from the date of issue.
Patents are selected from over 35,000 International Patent Classification (IPC) codes and 99 U.S. National Patent Classification Codes. Coverage is described in the following lists:
- IPC Reform I for Guaranteed Coverage - 1/17
- IPC Reform II for Selective Coverage - 1/17
- Coverage of CA Basic Patents by Year (Country Codes and Years) - 04/23
- Patent Kind Codes for CA Basic and Patent Family Members - 04/23
- U.S. National Patent Classifications Codes for Selective Coverage
- CAS Coverage of Prophetic Substances
CAS also provides direct patent content for 46 patent offices with PatentPak®, a robust new patent workflow solution that offers instant access to hard-to-find chemistry in full-text patents directly in CAS SciFinder® and CAS STNext.