What is PatentPak®?
PatentPak is a robust patent workflow solution available in SciFinder®. Designed to radically reduce time spent acquiring and searching through multiple patents to find vital chemistry, PatentPak saves users up to half the time they spend researching patents by providing instant access to hard-to-find chemistry in patents and patent families in languages users know.
The only patent workflow solution of its kind!
Only PatentPak offers all of the following:
- Instant access to searchable full-text patents from major patent offices around the world
- Patent family coverage in multiple languages
- Substance location mapping
- Secure and confidential patent research
- Daily updates
- Interactive patent chemistry viewer with built-in SciFinder search functionality
All without leaving your current SciFinder session!
How does it work?
Once you have located a patent of interest, use the PatentPak option to immediately view available full-text documents, often available in a variety of source languages depending on the patent family.
CAS analysts have annotated the important chemistry in many patents available in PatentPak. You can view the annotated patent in our unique interactive patent chemistry viewer to quickly pinpoint the locations in the document that you need to see.
View this "5 Quick Tips" video for an overview of the powerful PatentPak Viewer functionality.
Is PatentPak right for me?
Want to radically reduce the time spent locating the important chemistry in a patent?
CAS scientists provide page numbers for key substances in the source patent.
Looking for direct and immediate access to full patents?
Instantly connect to searchable, full-text patents from major patent offices spanning the globe. Access to:
- More than 17 million patents, updated daily
- From 46 patent offices around the world
Major Patent Offices covered:
- DPMA – German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DE)
- EPO – European Patent Office (EP)
- INPI – French Patent Office (FR)
- IPO – Intellectual Property Office (GB)
- JPO – Japan Patent Office (JP)
- WIPO – World Intellectual Property Organization (WO)
- USPTO – United States Patent and Trademark Office (US)
- ROSPATENT – Federal Service for Intellectual Property (RU)
- KIPO– Korean Intellectual Property Office (KR)
- CGPDTM – Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks (IN)
- SIPO – State Intellectual Property Office of the P.R.C. (CN)
Found a patent written in a language you can’t read?
Superior patent family coverage provides access to alternative language versions of the patent. Languages include English, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, French and Russian.
Discovered a new research path during your analysis?
- Enables serendipitous discovery
- Provides structures to enhance visual understanding of descriptive chemistry in the patent
- Provides the world standard CAS Registry Number® for included substances
- Provides new search angles back into the comprehensive structure and reaction literature with (sub)structure, Markush and reaction options
How can I get PatentPak?
Fill in the form below (select the first option)
Note: PatentPak is only available to organizations licensing SciFinder and requires payment of a separate license fee.