Join us at an upcoming event!
These on-demand SciFindern training resources are short, targeted materials, organized by search type.
- SciFindern FAQ
- SciFindern Key Features flyer (PDF)
- SciFindern System Requirements and Recommendations
- Structure Searching in SciFindern : draw, upload, and perform exact, substructure, and similarity searches (*)
- ChemDoodle Structure Search in SciFindern : touchscreen-capable structure drawing (*)
- *NEW* Retrosynthesis Planning in SciFindern : Clearly see and evaluate full synthetic pathways, source evidence, estimated yields, pricing, and supplier availability.
- Reaction Search and Scheme View in SciFindern : search results are grouped by scheme. (*)
- Using MethodsNow Synthesis in SciFindern : obtaining step by step procedures and protocols.(*)
- Keyword Searching and Relevancy Ranking in SciFindern : autosuggest search, and results ranked by relevancy. (*)
- Citation Maps from Reference Searches in SciFindern : backwards and forward citations, and color-coded relevance ranking. (*)
- Searching in SciFindern Using Multiple Browser Tabs : perform multiple searches and retain your original query. (*)
- Saving and Filtering Searches in SciFindern with Live Search History : saving searches and filtering past searches. (*)
- Using PatentPak® in SciFindern : viewing full-text patents from 46 major patent offices. (*)
Substantive Searching: New Options for Substance Searching in SciFindern
Summary: Whether you are investigating chemical novelty, determining how to synthesize a compound in the lab, shopping for commercial suppliers, or simply learning what is known about a specific molecule, chemical substances are frequently the preferred gateway to your research. In this webinar learn tips and tricks for effective structure and nomenclature searching and more.
Get Reactions: Effective and Efficient Reaction Searching with SciFindern
Summary: Being prepared and efficient at the bench is paramount to your success when making new compounds in the lab. Becoming proficient with the relevant synthetic literature for your planned synthesis is essential to your preparation. Learn from fellow organic chemists how to achieve the best results using SciFindern.
SciFindern – My Favorite Topic: Effective and Efficient Reference Searching
Summary: Whether you are coming up to speed for a new project, performing a competitive analysis, or applying for a research grant an effective literature review is an essential step in becoming proficient and productive with your research. Learn from our experts how SciFindern will cut the time you spend on this activity in half!