MARPAT®, produced by CAS, contains:
- More than 1.2 million searchable Markush structures from patents covered by CAS from 1988 to the present with selected coverage of Japanese patents from 1987. In addition, English language patents from 1984-1987 plus French and German patents from 1986-1987 have selective coverage. Other records from 1961-1987 are derived from INPI (Institute National de la Propriete Industrielle) data. Russian patents published after January 10, 2000 and Korean patents from 2008 to the present are also covered
- More than 511,000 displayable citations for the Markush structure-containing patents
- All countries whose patent offices are covered in the CASM/CAplusSM file are candidates for MARPAT indexing
- Not included: Alloys, metal oxides, inorganic salts, intermetallics and polymers
- Updated daily
- Contains the Markush structure records for patents found in the CA/CAplus files with their respective patent citation for patent publication years 1988 to the present with selected coverage of Japanese patents from 1987 plus selective coverage of English, French and German patents from 1985-1987. Russian patents published after January 10, 2000 and Korean Patents from 2008 to the present are also covered. Other Markush structures are derived from INPI data from 1961 to 1987.
Sample record from STN