Follow these steps
Note: Addition to CHEMCATS is a selective process and requires your catalog to be vetted.
1. Acceptable CHEMCATS Products
First determine if your products meet these general guidelines.
Any chemical compound available for general sale is acceptable for listing in CHEMCATS. Building Blocks, Screening libraries and other standard chemical catalogs are eligible for inclusion.
The following product types will not be listed in CHEMCATS.
- Chemicals available for synthesis on demand, that have not been previously synthesized by the supplier
- Chemicals available for synthesis on demand, that have been previously synthesized, but do not have supporting proof of synthesis data available upon demand (e.g., Mass spectra or NMR spectra)
- Non-chemical catalog items, i.e., laboratory supplies, whole animal tissue, kits for analysis, etc.
If you have questions regarding the acceptability of your catalog or certain entries in your catalog, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Prepare a list of your chemical compounds available for general sale
Acceptable electronic formats for submitting your products include:
- Structure Data File (.sdf format) - [see example and format requirements]
- Microsoft Office Excel® (.xls) - [see example and format requirements]
Note: We are unable to receive e-mail attachments exceeding 50 MB. Contact the CAS Customer Center for details on how to upload your data to our FTP site.
Inclusion of the following fields is encouraged for each item in your submission:
- Chemical name (required for non-structure data files)
- Synonyms, Trade names
- Unique catalog Number/Order Number
- CAS Registry Number® (CAS RN®) (We strongly suggest the inclusion of CAS RNs with your product data to ensure the accessibility of your data through all CAS customer interfaces, e.g., SciFinder®.)
- Structure diagram (.sdf format only, images and other formats not accepted)
- Availability (Maintained in stock, Typically in stock, Limited or intermittent availability, Synthesis on demand)
- Ships Within (1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, Over 8 weeks)
- Quantities available
- Prices (indicate currency)
- SciFinder Order from Source Links
- Product Information links
- Experimental Property field set to Available or Not Available (use Available if any analytical data can be provided upon request) (SDF only)
- Any other relevant data such as appearance, color, hazard information, SDS, Certificate of Analysis, etc.
Products must be associated with a CAS Registry Number to be accessible to all CAS customer interfaces, e.g., SciFinder. It is important to provide either a CAS Registry Number with your product listing or to include substance identity information that CAS can use to match your products to the correct CAS RN. Chemical structures in SDF file format are the preferred form of identification. Chemical names that match existing names in CAS REGISTRYSM are an acceptable alternative.
- Featured Listings - Suppliers who have purchased featured listings for items in their catalog (includes your company logo) can submit their list of CAS Registry Numbers in Excel as well as their company's logo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any unused featured listings will expire at the end of the contract term.
- Featured listing logo parameters:
- Transparent background
- Maximum size: 20K
- Required image format: Portable Network Graphic (.png)
- Resolution requirements: 96 DPI (dots per inch) preferred; 72 DPI acceptable
- Maximum logo size (width x height): 200 x 55 pixels