To ensure the best CAS SciFindern experience, and to conform with the most recent Internet security standards, use the latest recommended web browser technology. (Updated August 2023)
CAS SciFindern is designed to work on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari. We recommend only using versions that are fully supported by the browser vendors.
Structure Editor Requirements
CAS SciFindern users have two options for structure drawing: ChemDoodle and CASDraw.
Note: iOS 10.3 with iCloud enabled is required for drawing package file import/export.
Internet Connection Requirements
Check with your organization's Site Administrator, Key Contact or help desk before changing any settings to conform to these requirements.
- SSL (https) connection on port 443 to scifinder-n.cas.org.
- https connection on port 80 to chemport.cas.org for full-text linking
Additional Recommendations and Requirements
- Add https://scifinder-n.cas.org to your browser’s "Trusted Sites" and Pop-up blocker Exceptions lists.
- A PDF reader is required for exporting and printing SciFindern answers and other information. Adobe Reader can be used with Mac or Windows computers. Preview is a free viewer provided with Mac OS X.
- Appropriate ActiveX and plug-in permissions are required for Internet Explorer