- What is Chemist Consultation Service?
- What is Chemist Consultation Service’s relationship to CAS?
- How do I get started with Chemist Consultation Service?
- What turn-around time can I expect for the service?
- Is rush service available?
- How do you charge for your services?
- What experience does the Chemist Consultation Service team have?
- What information needs to be provided for Chemist Consultation Service?
- What options are available for delivery of results?
- What options are available for results?
- Is this service confidential?
- What if I have questions about my results?
1. What is Chemist Consultation Service?
Chemist Consultation Service is available to help you find substance information for reports, proprietary files, online searching, and confirmation for an International Nonproprietary Name (INN) or United States Adopted Name (USAN) application. Supply us with names, CAS Registry Numbers® or structure diagrams (including a unique substance identifier limited to 20 alphanumeric characters) and our chemists will provide you with the following substance information:
- CAS Registry Numbers (new or existing)
2. What is Chemist Consultation Service’s relationship to CAS?
Chemist Consultation Service is a special service of CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society. We are based in Columbus, Ohio at the CAS headquarters. Our team consists of CAS chemists who are experienced in substance identification requirements.
3. How do I get started with Chemist Consultation Service?
We make it easy:
- Payment information must be included.
- If there are special details regarding invoicing, including purchase orders, these should be included on the order form at the time of submission.
- Email, fax or mail your signed order form
4. What turn-around time can I expect for the service?
There is a 10-working-day turn-around time for Chemist Consultation Service orders once all of the information needed for processing is received. If the chemist processing the order requires more information, you will be contacted and processing time will restart once the information is received.
5. Is rush service available?
Currently, rush service is not available for this service.
6. How do you charge for your services?
We work on a time and materials basis; consultation rates are $150 USD for the first 30 minutes and $90 USD for subsequent 30 minute increments. Consult CAS Registration Criteria Overview and Registry Number Info Requirements to find out what is required for the complete chemical identity. If during our chemist review we discover errors, inconsistencies or missing data that requires additional CAS chemist consultation, additional charges will apply.
7. What experience does the Chemist Consultation Service Substance Identification team have?
CAS chemists with expertise in substance identification will be processing your Chemist Consultation Service Substance Identification order.
8. What information needs to be provided for Chemist Consultation Service?
Read the CAS Registration Criteria Overview and Registry Number Info Requirements before submitting your request. Submit a name, CAS Registry Number, and/or structure diagram along with a unique substance identifier. If you have further questions, contact us or via email or phone. Please note that failure to include necessary information will result in a delay in the processing of your order and additional consultation time may be required incurring additional consultation fees.
9. What options are available for delivery of results?
Standard delivery is via email. If you would prefer your results to be faxed or sent via regular mail, this should be indicated on the order form. Please note that only one (1) method of delivery may be selected.
10. What options are available for results?
Several options for results are available:
- Retrieval of an Existing CAS Registry Number
- Assignment of a new CAS Registry Number (if an existing CAS Registry Number exists, it will be retrieved)
If a CAS Registry Number does not already exist for your substance and you would like to have one newly assigned, check the box on the order form to indicate this. Note that selecting this option will make your substance publicly available in CAS REGISTRYSM. If you wish to maintain confidentiality for your substance’s identity, you should request a CA Index Name only. If assignment of a new CAS Registry Number is requested, your company’s name will not be attributed to the registration.
11. Is this service confidential?
Yes! Processing is strictly confidential. CAS maintains extensive security policies and procedures relating to both physical security and the handling of customer-supplied information. These procedures include detailed measures outlining the labeling, handling, tracking, storage of documents, computer access and verbal communication regarding a given request. Without written permission, CAS will only discuss the details in an order with the individual(s) who submitted it. On the order form, there is a space for an alternative contact should you wish to grant permission for CAS to discuss the order with an individual(s) other than the submitter(s).
12. What if I have questions about my results?
We are available to help you understand the results for your order. If you have questions about the results for your order, please contact us via email or phone. Please note that if significant additional consultation by a CAS chemist is necessary, additional consultation fees may apply. You will be informed in advance if any additional fees will be incurred in the consultation about your order.