Preserve Your Most Valuable Resource — Time
What is PatentPak?
PatentPak® is a robust patent workflow solution available in STNext® and other classic STN® interfaces to support retrieval and analysis of full-text patent information across organizational workflows. It is designed to radically reduce the time spent acquiring patents and pinpointing the relevant chemical substance information within.
Only PatentPak in STN lets you:
- Rapidly track down the specific location of hard-to-find chemical information in patents with interactive links to key substances
- Instantly and securely access patent PDFs from major patent offices
- Conveniently share findings with other IP stakeholders – even if they don’t use STN
- Find an equivalent patent in a familiar language with CAplusSM global patent family coverage
PatentPak provides access to ~18 million patents to date, with more added daily from 46 patent offices, including:
- Great Britain
- United States
- European Patent Office
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
How does PatentPak work?
Watch this short video for a tour of PatentPak in STN.
Access PatentPak in a number of ways from CAplus patent records in STNext, STN Express® and STN® on the WebSM.
PatentPak provides a number of pathways to access the information you need.
- PatentPak PDF – More than 10 million original, clean PDFs from the PatentPak library
- PatentPak PDF+ – The patent PDF, plus a table containing the important chemistry within the patent
- PatentPak Interactive – An interactive version of the patent PDF that highlights the specific location where each indexed substance is discussed.
PatentPak supports IP workflows within your organization. You can easily share transcripts, tables and reports, including PatentPak information, with other stakeholders in your organization – even if they don’t have access to STN. PatentPak links are active for 90 days from the date of creation.
How will PatentPak help me?
PatentPak will save you time and help increase IP workflow efficiency in your organization by:
- Slashing the time it takes you to find substance information in lengthy patent documents
- Allowing you to easily find equivalents to foreign language patents, reducing patent translation costs and delays
- Providing you with a convenient source of patent PDFs for analysis
- Eliminating the need to navigate to external sources to retrieve PDFs