Resources for Getting Started with STN
If you are new to STN®, the training and reference materials below can help you get started. Also, for information on commands and when to use them, view STN Commands and Quick Reference Resources.
STN Basics E-Learning Interactive Tutorials - a guided, self-paced, interactive experience
- Basic STN Bibliographic Searching E-Learning Curriculum
Learn how to login, use transcripts, save answers and conduct basic bibliographic searches including multiple terms, operators, truncation, author names, organizations or companies.
- Basic STN Substance Searching E-Learning Curriculum
Learn how to search for CAS Registry Numbers, chemical names, exact and family structures and substructures.
- Basic STN Structure Drawing E-Learning Curriculum
Learn how to draw structures including atoms, bonds, rings, reactions, variables, repeating groups, G-groups and more.
Getting help while you are searching
- Help menu - when you are using STN Express, click the Help menu for STN Express Help files
- HELP command - when you are performing command-line searches, type HELP at an arrow prompt (=>)