The SciFinder Future Leaders program provides Ph.D. students and postdocs from around the world an opportunity to build their careers, shape the future of research information and attend one of the most respected scientific meetings in the world.
Why should I apply?
During an all-expense-paid trip, you get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how we organize, analyze and share information that drives scientific discoveries. You will:
- Expand your professional network as you engage scientists from all over the world.
- Develop your SciFinder proficiency and master professional skills to help advance your career.
- Increase your knowledge and exchange ideas about current and future research solutions.
- Tour centers of innovation and technology to broaden your understanding of the scientific enterprise.
You’ll also attend the ACS National Meeting & Exposition, “a platform to present, publish, discuss and exhibit the most exciting research discoveries and technologies in chemistry and its related disciplines.”
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must be a current Ph.D. student or postdoctoral researcher in chemistry or related science. You must also be proficient in the principles of information retrieval, analysis and workflow, and have a working knowledge of multiple research information tools. See our Terms & Conditions for additional information.
What are the 2017 program dates?
SciFinder Future Leaders program in Columbus, OH
254th ACS National Meeting in Washington, DC
What is the award?
The applicants who best demonstrate academic accomplishment, a commitment to research and an appreciation of research information will be announced in March/April 2017. Each will receive:
- All-expense-paid trip to Columbus, OH
- All-expense-paid trip to Washington, DC to attend the 254th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
- Certificate of distinction
- $1,000 USD
For additional information, see the program Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.