Celebrating its fifth year this August 5-14, the SciFinder Future Leaders in Chemistry program has become one of the most prestigious programs of its kind, building an impressive list of alumni from around the world. Many participants go on to present their research at major scientific conferences, publish in high-impact journals and collaborate with leaders in their field of study.
Known for the scientific and cultural diversity of its employees, CAS provides an opportunity for the participants to interact within a microcosm of the global scientific community. During their visit, participants get a behind-the-scenes look at how the CAS databases are built and maintained, discuss challenges in scientific information, and tour centers of innovation and technology in Columbus, Ohio (see the Agenda).
This year’s participants will also attend the 248th ACS National Meeting & Exposition in San Francisco, a platform for scientific professionals to “present, publish, discuss and exhibit the most exciting research discoveries and technologies in chemistry and its related disciplines.”
The 2014 SciFinder Future Leaders in Chemistry are:
- Sambasiva Reddy Bheemireddy, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, United States
- Nadine Borduas, University of Toronto, Canada
- Natalja Frueh, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Cristiano Funari, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
- Fernando Gomollón Bel, Instituto de Síntesis Química y Catálisis Homogénea
- Martin Hoffmann, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Xu Hou, Harvard University, United States
- Hiroshi Inaba, Kyoto University, Japan
- Claire Jarvis, Rutgers, United States
- Sanghyun Je, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Elisangela Moura Linares, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- David Liptrot, University of Bath, United Kingdom
- Huimin Liu, Kansai University, Japan
- Maria Matveenko, University of Vienna, Austria
- Ben Naman, The Ohio State University, United States
- Philip Rodenbough, Columbia University, United States
- Sohini Sarkar, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, India
- Xiaopeng Zou, Jiangnan University, China
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.