- What is Registry Lookup Service?
- What is Registry Lookup Service’s relationship to CAS?
- How do I get started with Registry Lookup Service?
- What turn-around time can I expect for the service?
- How do you charge for your services?
- What information needs to be provided for Registry Lookup Service?
- What options are available for delivery of results?
- What is the output of this service?
- Is this service confidential?
- What if I have questions about my results?
1. What is Registry Lookup Service?
Registry Lookup Service is available to help you find substance information for an exact computer match of chemical name or CAS Registry Number®.
2. What is Registry Lookup Service’s relationship to CAS?
Registry Lookup Service is a special service of CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society. We are based in Columbus, Ohio at the CAS headquarters.
3. How do I get started with Registry Lookup Service?
We make it easy:
- Payment information must be included.
- If there are special details regarding invoicing, including purchase orders, these should be included on the order form at the time of submission.
- Email or fax signed order form
4. What turn-around time can I expect for the service?
There is a 24-hour turn-around time (excluding weekends and holidays) for Registry Lookup Service orders.
5. How do you charge for your services?
There is a $25 USD charge per item searched.
6. What information needs to be provided for Registry Lookup Service?
A CAS Registry Number or chemical name should be included on the order form. Please note that this service is an exact computer match. Increasing complexity and amount of punctuation in a chemical name decreases the likelihood that a name match will be successful. You may want to consider the Chemist Consultation Service for chemical names with these attributes.
7. What options are available for delivery of results?
Standard delivery is via email. If you would prefer your results to be faxed, this should be indicated on the order form. Please note that only one (1) method of delivery may be selected.
8. What is the output of this service?
Standard output is a substance record from CAS REGISTRYSM. This record may include a CAS Registry Number, CA Index Name, synonyms, molecular formula, availability on STN files and a structure diagram. If the substance is included on the nonconfidential TSCA inventory (updated semiannually), this will be included in the output.
9. Is this service confidential?
Yes! Processing is strictly confidential. CAS maintains extensive security policies and procedures relating to both physical security and the handling of customer-supplied information. These procedures include detailed measures outlining the labeling, handling, tracking, storage of documents, computer access, and verbal communication regarding a given request. Without written permission, CAS will only discuss the details in a request with the individual(s) who submitted it. On the order form, there is a space for an alternative contact should you wish to grant permission for CAS to discuss the order with an individual(s) other than the submitter(s).
10. What if I have questions about my results?
We are happy to help you understand the results for your order. If you have questions about the results for your order, please contact us via email or phone. Please note that if consultation by a CAS chemist is necessary, you may be referred to another CAS service.