Comprehensive desktop access for experienced online searchers
- STN Express software is free to all STN® users
- Built in Discover Wizards – An easy way for less experienced searchers to search easily
- Enhanced results analysis
- Access to premier scientific and patent content
- Post-processing of results
Getting Started with STN Express
View the STN Express - Frequently Asked Technical Questions (PDF) for help on choosing an installer or checking your version of STN Express Software.
- Download the software directly from the STN Software License and Download site. Follow the instructions to download the software installation file to your desktop or to a download folder. Remember where you save the downloaded file. The file name begins with "v8_6".
- Exit STN Express and all other running programs.
- Locate the software installation file that you downloaded and either double-click the file to launch the installer or right-click on the file and select Open.
- Follow the prompts to install Version 8.6.
- Verify that STN Express Version 8.6 installed. First, launch STN Express, then check your version of STN Express - select the Help Menu on the Main Toolbar then select About STN Express.
- If the version is correct, you may delete the downloaded software installation file. If it is not Version 8.6, repeat steps 3-5.
Features of STN Express Version 8.6
- Compatibility with Windows 10
- Full support for PatentPak® in STN®
- Advanced structure drawing tools
- Create and Edit SDI Wizards to support RSS delivery of alert results
- Property and Spectra Wizards to reflect content portfolio updates
- Enhanced CAS REGISTRY BLAST® performance and security via the June 2018 patch
- Table Tool to identify the source transcript for each record in a multi-transcript report