If you are new to STN®, the training and reference materials below can help you get started.
- View STN Digital Brochure
- Basic STN Commands (PDF)
- STN Pocket Guide
- Search Bibliographic Databases: An Introduction (PDF)
- Search and Display Substance Information (PDF)
- Current Awareness Alerts (SDIs) User Guide (PDF)
The STN Database Summary Sheets page contains detailed descriptions of all databases on STN.
Help while you are searching
- Help menu - when you are using STNext®or STN Express, click the Help menu icon or link to access the STN Help file in a new browser tab.
- HELP command - when you are performing command-line searches, type HELP at an arrow prompt (=>). Type HELP COMMANDS at the arrow prompt to see a list of commands available for the database you are filed into. Type HELP and a specific command to learn how the system functions, For example, type HELP EXPAND to learn how CAplus allows you to look at terms within the search index.