These on-demand SciFindern training resources are short, targeted materials, organized by search type. You can also check the list of upcoming and recorded SciFindern training webinars for more detailed demonstrations on specific topics.
- SciFindern FAQ
- Academic Researcher FAQ
- Academic Key Contact FAQ
- Quick Reference Guide
- Managing Search History -saving and filtering search results
- Search in Multiple Browser Tabs - perform multiple searches and retain original query
- Working with Search Results
- Migrating Alerts and Saved Results from SciFinder
- Forgot User Name or Password?
- SciFindern System Requirements and Recommendations
- The new CAS Draw Structure Editor (overview of features and functionality)
- Tips for Searching Substances in SciFindern (recorded webinar)
- Step by Step Help for Finding Substances
- Structure Searching in SciFindern : draw, upload, and perform exact, substructure, and similarity searches
- ChemDoodle Structure Search in SciFindern : touchscreen-capable structure drawing
- Finding Polymers in SciFindern (recorded webinar)
- Finding Substance Properties and Spectra (recorded webinar)
- Tips for Reaction Searching in SciFindern (recorded webinar)
- Reaction Search and Scheme View in SciFindern : search results are grouped by scheme.
- Retrosynthesis Planning in SciFindern : Clearly see and evaluate full synthetic pathways, source evidence, estimated yields, pricing, and supplier availability.
- Using MethodsNow Synthesis in SciFindern : obtaining step by step procedures and protocols.
- Step by Step Help for Finding Reactions
- Tips for Reference Searching in SciFindern (recorded webinar)
- Searching for Authors and Organization Information (recorded webinar)
- Keyword Searching and Relevancy Ranking in SciFindern : autosuggest search, and results ranked by relevancy.
- Citation Maps from Reference Searches in SciFindern : backwards and forward citations, and color-coded relevance ranking.
- Step by Step Guide for Reference Searching
- Using PatentPak® in SciFindern : viewing full-text patents from major patent offices.
- Markush Search - based on structure queries
- Tips for Assessing the IP Landscape in SciFindern (recorded webinar)
- Step by Step Guide for Using PatentPak in SciFindern
- Biology-Focused Reference Searching
- Performing a BLAST Sequence Search
- Advanced BLAST Sequence Search Techniques
- Performing a CDR Sequence Search
- Performing a Motif Sequence Search