CAplusSM not only covers journal references and patents from 1907 to the present but also includes more than 224,000 records from earlier years:
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, 1879-1906 (Volumes 1-28)
- Journal of Physical Chemistry, 1896-1906 (Volumes 1-10)
- Royal Society of Chemistry journals, 1841-1906
- Chemisches Zentralblatt, 1897-1906
- More than 500 frequently cited landmark papers of enduring value, 1900-1912
- More than 38,000 U.S. patents published from 1808-1906
The pre-1907 records are assigned to the year 1906, Volume 0, and 0CI (Collective Index) to distinguish them from other CASM/CAplus records.