Please include the following information for CAS Inventory Expert Service processing.
Completed IES Order Form
- Indicate Rush service (if applicable)
- CAS RN® (if desired; CA Index Name is standard output)
- Signature and Date
For a Class 1 Substance* - See PMN Page 4
- Molecular Formula
- Descriptive Chemical Name (if possible)
For a Class 2 Nonpolymeric Substance** - See PMN Page 4
- CAS RNs for starting materials
- Process Information
- Representative Structure (of final product)
For a Class 2 Polymeric Substance** - See PMN Page 5
- Descriptive chemical name, CAS RN and percentage of each starting monomer
- Representative Structure with monomers linked together
- Free Radical Initiator, CAS RN and percentage (if needed)
- All monomers and initiators indicated applying the 2% rule
*Class 1 Substances:
Chemical substances which are single compounds composed of molecules with particular atoms arranged in a definite, known structure.
**Class 2 Substances:
Chemical substances with a variable composition or composed of a complex combination of different molecules. Class 2 substances can be further subdivided into 3 subgroups.
- The first subgroup includes substances which can be represented by definite Hill ordered molecular formulae but have variable structural diagrams.
- The second subgroup includes substances which can be represented by definite molecular formulae but have unknown structural diagrams.
- The third subgroup includes representations of substances that have no definite molecular formula representation and either partial structure diagrams or no structural diagrams - often referred to as UVCBs (Unknown or Variable Composition, Complex Reaction Products and Biological Materials).