Science IP Referral Program – Official Rules
By participating in the Science IP® Referral Program (the “Program”), you (the “Participant”) agree to comply with, and be bound by, the following Official Rules (the “Rules”). Please review the Rules carefully.
1. Eligibility. The Program is open only to organizations or an individual employee of that organization that has previously engaged Science IP in a research project. Participants must not reside in a jurisdiction in which this Program is prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. Employees and contractors of the American Chemical Society, CAS, ACS International, Ltd., FIZ Karlsruhe GmbH, JAICI, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees or contractors, whether or not related, are not eligible.
2. Sponsor. The Program is fully sponsored by CAS (the “Sponsor”), located at 2540 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43202-1505, United States.
3. How to Participate. Participant must be an organization or an individual employee of that organization that has previously engaged Science IP in a research project. Entrants must refer an individual that has not engaged Science IP in a Research Project previously (the “New Customer”), and the New Customer must then engage Science IP in a Research Project and reference Participant’s referral during Science IP’s New Customer intake process. Upon the successful completion of New Customer’s Research Project, Participant and New Customer will be eligible to receive the Reward as set forth below. CAS reserves the right to alter Program Rules at its convenience for any reason.
4. Entry Guidelines. Companies or individual employees of companies may enter the Program multiple times, provided all the requirements set forth above are met.
5. How to Redeem. Upon the successful completion of New Customer’s Research Project, CAS will contact Participant and New Customer to arrange delivery of the Reward.
6. Reward. Both Participant and New Customer will be eligible to receive an Amazon Gift Card in the amount of $50 USD. No Reward substitution except by the Sponsor due to Reward unavailability for any reason and then for a Reward of equal value. Applicable taxes and unspecified expenses in conjunction with Reward acceptance/use are Participant and New Customer’s sole responsibility. The Sponsor will report the Participant and New Customer’s receipt of the Reward as required by law and Participant and New Customer agree to fully cooperate with the Sponsor so that the Sponsor may comply with such reporting requirements. If Participant and New Customer cannot accept the Reward, it is the Participant and New Customer’s responsibility to either refuse, accept, or donate to a charity or other entity of their choice.
7. Notification. Successful Participants and New Customers will be notified by Science IP via phone or Email. Successful Participants and New Customers may be required to provide Science IP with proof of identity.
8. Disqualification. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Program or otherwise violating the Rules, as solely determined by the Science IP, will be disqualified.
9. Release. By participating in the Program, the Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Science IP and each of its legal representatives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from, or in connection with, the Program including, but not limited to, liability arising from copyright infringement, improper use of likeness, personal injury, death, damages, or monetary loss. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. By entering, the Participant further agrees that, in the event that there is any conflict or other inconsistency between the Rules and any advertisements, Program or marketing materials, emails or announcements relevant to the Program, these Rules will govern. Any disputes arising out of or related to the Program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia (without regard to conflict of law principles). Should any part of these Rules be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Science IP® is a registered trademark of the American Chemical Society, all rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and the aforementioned entities do not endorse ACS, CAS or Science IP. Science IP, and the program, are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, affiliated, or associated with Amazon.com, Inc.
June 18, 2019