More Frequent Updates to the Emtree Thesaurus in Embase on STN® Provide Earlier Access to the Latest Drug and Medical Terminology
The Emtree thesaurus in Embase on STN will now be updated three times a year. More frequent updates will provide you with access to current drug and medical terminology for your searching.
Additionally, the thesaurus is now current with updates from 2012. Key enhancements in the latest updates include:
- 1,131 new drug terms and 1,682 new non-drug terms
- All new 2012 MeSH terms
- Reorganization of the Organism facet to better reflect current thought in phylogeny
- 400 additional organism names
- Changes to the Anatomical concepts, Biological functions, Diseases, and Procedures, Parameters and Devices facets
- Elimination of the Psychological and psychiatric phenomena facet
For more information and access to the complete lists of new and changed terms per update, visit http://www.embase.com/info/what-is-embase/emtree. Please review the current updates to determine if any of your saved searches or SDI strategies are impacted. Notification of additional Emtree updates will be announced in the Embase database banner.