The following use and distribution restrictions apply to your use of the DISSABS File on STN.
All copyrights are reserved.
Unless specified otherwise in these RESTRICTIONS, CUSTOMER may use copyrighted search results in the following ways:
(a) in copyrighted scientific publications when search results are incidental to the publication and
(b) in reports to a Government Agency that are required by law or by administrative rule.
Search results delivered to CUSTOMER in computer-readable form remain the property of the Database Producer.
Unless specified otherwise in these RESTRICTIONS, Recipient may use search results in computer-readable form for the following purposes:
(a) editing or changing the format of search results to create search terms for use with search files or systems;
(b) combining search results with output from other searches, files, or systems to create a consolidated file of search results;
(c) editing the search results to remove irrelevant answers or to change the format of such results.
Recipient shall not use computer-readable search results as a database or part of a database from which hits are selectively retrieved by programmed search, unless Recipient has purchased the right to store search results using the ARCHIVE command or keyword.
Recipient may create one printed copy of search results from a computer-readable file of search results at no additional charge.
Recipient must destroy the computer-readable search results upon creation of the printed version, unless Recipient has purchased the right to archive records with the ARCHIVE command or keyword.
Recipient may purchase the right to redistribute search results to additional users using the REDISTRIBUTE command or keyword.
Enter HELP SHARETERMS for detailed information on the STN Information Keep & Share Program, which allows Recipients to purchase the right to archive and / or redistribute search results from STN databases for internal re-use. Or, visit the STN Information Keep & Share Program for details.
Recipient shall obtain Database Producer's specific written permission for any uses of computer-readable search results other than those listed here. Except as permitted in the STN Agreement and Order Form, material contained in any Database may not be made available in any manner whatsoever to a third party or duplicated, redistributed or archived except solely for the customer's own internal use and according only to (1) the terms & Conditions in The STN Agreement and Order Form and (2) the terms and conditions below.
A user may not:
- redistribute, copy or electronically store (archive) all or a majority of records from a Database or a single issue of a publication retrieved from the Databases,
- electronically store (archive) in machine-readable form material older than the most recent twelve-month period retrieved from the Databases under the Keep & Share feature,
- delete or remove from any copyright notice or legend or the name of the Database from which data was retrieved, - republish, distribute or make available in any manner whatsoever to third parties who are not part of the user's organization data retrieved archived from the Databases,
- use any records or data to create a derivative work except for a compilation or electronically stored data for internal use only, and,
- electronically store in machine-readable form for longer than ten (10) days records or data retrieved for internal redistriburion under the Keep & Share service (non-archival storage).
The DISSABS File is supplied by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All of the information contained in the Databases supplied by ProQuest Information and Learning Company is the copyright product of ProQuest Information and Learning Company and/or their suppliers.