Get the latest version of STN Express
Take advantage of enhanced functionality and content now available in STN Express® (current version is 8.5.1)
Key features in STN Express v8.5 release include:
- Updated table and report post-processing functionality to allow parsing of the new assembled FQHIT, QHIT, FQHITEXG and QHITEXG display formats in MARPAT®.
- New Patent Family Manager option to streamline twin multiple basic patent content from CASM/CAplusSM answer sets.
- Save Answers for SciFinder® wizard transfers answers from STN to the web version of SciFinder to improve workflow between information professionals and scientists.
- Hyperlinks from MEDLINE® cited references to associated MEDLINE records.
Default RSA encryption of sessions for enhanced security.
Install or upgrade to STN Express, Version 8.5.1
View the STN Express - Frequently Asked Technical Questions (PDF) for help on choosing an installer or checking your version of STN Express Software.
1. Download the software directly from the STN Software License and Download site. Follow the instructions to download the software installation file to your desktop or to a download folder. Remember where you save the downloaded file. The file name begins with "v8_5".
2. Exit STN Express and all other running programs.
3. Locate the software installation file that you downloaded and either double-click the file to launch the installer or, right-click on the file and select Open.
4. Follow the prompts to install Version 8.5.1
5. Verify that STN Express Version 8.5.1 installed. First, launch STN Express, then check your version of STN Express. For information on how to check your version of STN Express, see STN Express – Frequently Asked Technical Questions Guide (PDF).
6. If the version is correct, you may delete the downloaded software installation file. If it is not Version 8.5.1, repeat steps 3-5.
Contact the CAS Customer Center or complete the STN Express CD-ROM order form (PDF) for a copy of the latest software.
Additional Recommended Software: QuickTime from Apple Inc. - for STN Express features that involve images and graphics.
Need Help Getting Started Using STN Express, Version 8.5.1?
Contact CAS Customer Center for more information about STN Express.