Get the latest version of STN Express
Take advantage of enhanced functionality and content now available in STN Express® (current version is 8.5.2)
Key features in STN Express version 8.5.2 release include:
- Compatibility with Windows 8 and 8.1
- Improved structure drawing and displays
- Updated Create and Edit SDI Wizards now support RSS delivery of alert results
- Revised Property and Spectra Wizards to reflect content portfolio updates
- Enhanced CAS REGISTRY BLAST® performance
- Fixes for a variety of reported software issues
- The Table Tool now allows customers to identify the source transcript for each record in a multi-transcript report
Install or upgrade to STN Express, Version 8.5.2
View the STN Express - Frequently Asked Technical Questions (PDF) for help on choosing an installer or checking your version of STN Express Software.
- Download the software directly from the STN Software License and Download site. Follow the instructions to download the software installation file to your desktop or to a download folder. Remember where you save the downloaded file. The file name begins with "v8_5".
- Exit STN Express and all other running programs.
- Locate the software installation file that you downloaded and either double-click the file to launch the installer or right-click on the file and select Open.
- Follow the prompts to install Version 8.5.2
- Verify that STN Express Version 8.5.2 installed. First, launch STN Express, then check your version of STN Express - select the Help Menu on the Main Toolbar then select About STN Express.
- If the version is correct, you may delete the downloaded software installation file. If it is not Version 8.5.2, repeat steps 3-5.
Additional Recommended Software: QuickTime from Apple Inc. - for STN Express features that involve images and graphics.
Need Help Getting Started Using STN Express, Version 8.5.2?
Contact CAS Customer Center for more information about STN Express.