More Frequent Updates to the Emtree Thesaurus in Embase on STN Provide Earlier Access to the Latest Drug and Medical Terminology
The Emtree thesaurus in Embase on STN will now be updated three times a year. More frequent updates will provide you with access to current drug and medical terminology for your searching.
Additionally, the thesaurus is now current with updates from 2012. Key enhancements in the latest updates include:
- 1,131 new drug terms and 1,682 new non-drug terms
- All new 2012 MeSH terms
- Reorganization of the Organism facet to better reflect current thought in phylogeny
- 400 additional organism names
- Changes to the Anatomical concepts, Biological functions, Diseases, and Procedures, Parameters and Devices facets
- Elimination of the Psychological and psychiatric phenomena facet
For more information and access to the complete lists of new and changed terms per update, visit http://www.embase.com/info/what-is-embase/emtree. Please review the current updates to determine if any of your saved searches or SDI strategies are impacted. Notification of additional Emtree updates will be announced in the Embase database banner.
INPADOC: Delay of German Patent Coverage
The European Patent Office reported delays in providing bibliographic data from Germany. Since update week 25/2012, no current DE-related documents have been loaded into INPADOC. No further information has been provided.
As alternatives, the following STN databases continue to provide German patent data:
- PATDPAFULL, German full-text patent database
- The value-added databases CAplus and Derwent World Patents Index (DWPI)
We will keep you informed about further developments.
INPADOCDB: Enhanced Display Options
INPADOCDB has been enhanced with new display options, including the new predefined formats PI.PDF and BRIEF.
The format PI.PDF provides hyperlinks to the original documents (PDF) in ESPACENET for all members of the national family. This format easily combines with the new BRIEF format, which includes important bibliographic information (TI, AB, PAS, INS, PI, AI, PRAI, patent classifications), and is being deduplicated for all members of the application. The new BRIEF format is ideal for technology-based searches and alerts.
It is recommended to use 'SET LINELENGTH 100' with the PI.PDF display format.
Upcoming Reload of AEROSPACE - Effect on SDIs, Manual Profiles and Saved Answers
AEROSPACE will be reloaded with enhancements on July 28, 2012. Key customer impacts are as follows:
- The monthly SDI for July will use the reloaded version of the database.
- Manual profiles should run on or before July 27, 2012 if not already done so after the last update end of June, as historical entry dates (/ED) will not be available in the reloaded AEROSPACE database.
* SDIs and saved queries will remain available after the reload.
* Because the accession number format will change with the reload, SDI history and saved answer sets will be lost after the reload.
The reloaded AEROSPACE will have many enhancements, including the numeric property search feature and Digital Object Identifiers.
For further information, see HELP RLOAD after July 28 or contact your local STN Help Desk.
Reload of ENCOMPPAT/2 Databases
ENCOMPPAT/2 databases were reloaded on July 28, 2012. More details on the enhancements and changes are available in the databases in HELP RLOAD.
Select customers may be directly contacted.
More Experimental Property Data in CAS REGISTRY
The CAS REGISTRY now contains more experimental property data with the addition of more than 120,000 Wiley mass spectra and NMR spectra.
Watch for two more additions of experimental property data later in 2012, including 13C, proton (1H) and heteroatom (fluorine, silicon, phosphorus) spectra.
Launch of new PQSciTech Database, Created from 25 Individual CSA Databases Allows More Efficient Searching on STN
As of July 28, 2012, content of the CSA databases has become available in the new multidisciplinary PQSciTech (ProQuest Science and Technology) database on STN.
This new resource with more than 27 million references enables you to search broadly or to restrict to certain technologies using file segments (see Help FS). It also includes the popular Numeric Property Search feature (see HELP NPS).
For additional information on content see HELP CONT; for information on changes and enhancements see HELP RLOAD, for information on the transfer of SDIs and other saved items, and the list of databases please visit: http://www.stn-international.de/pqscitech_sdi_transfer.html.