- What is Science IP®?
- How is Science IP related to CAS?
- Why would I send my search project to Science IP?
- What areas of science does Science IP cover?
- How much does a Science IP search project cost?
- How do I submit a search request?
- I need answers now. Can I expedite my search project?
- What tools and resources does Science IP use?
- Can I share Science IP search results with others?
1. What is Science IP?
Science IP is the official research service of CAS and searches global patent and technical literature to find answers to scientific questions. Our clients include patent attorneys, licensing agents, technology transfer managers, R&D professionals, inventors, scientists and other decision makers who need scientific and intellectual property (IP) information to make informed choices.
2. How is Science IP related to CAS?
CAS is the world’s authority for chemical information, organizing, analyzing and sharing information that drives scientific discoveries. As the official research service of CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, Science IP meets the highest standards of accuracy and professionalism.
3. Why would I send my search project to Science IP?
When time, skills or resources are limited, an outside search service can provide access to information and expertise that help you quickly get the answers you need. The Science IP team offers a unique and powerful combination of scientific knowledge and research experience, along with access to comprehensive information and state-of-the-art tools, that enable us to deliver results to you efficiently and reliably.
4. What areas of science does Science IP cover?
While we are best known for chemistry, Science IP also covers other key scientific disciplines, including life sciences, pharmaceuticals, polymers and sequences, to name just a few. If you have questions about a specific coverage area, contact Science IP to find out how we can help.
5. How much does a Science IP search project cost?
Science IP search projects are quoted on an individual basis, with price quotes covering labor and all search costs, including those related to usage of tools and resources. With no hidden fees or transactional charges, a Science IP search offers you budget predictability and control over search expenditures.
6. How do I submit a search request?
You can use our secure portal to submit your search request, or you can fill out and email a Search Request form (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. I need answers now. Can I get my search results faster?
Rush service for 24-hour turnaround is available for an additional charge.
8. What tools and resources does Science IP use?
Because Science IP is committed to providing you with reliable and thorough research results, our highly skilled search professionals are able and willing to access the tools and databases from CAS and other providers that are best suited to meet our clients’ needs.
9. Can I share Science IP search results with others?
With the exception of Connection Tables, you may share your search results with others within and outside your organization as you deem fit. According to CAS data use guidelines, Connection Tables can only be used internally and cannot be shared with others in your organization beyond designated project members and those with a need to know.