Your one-stop source for National Chemical Inventory information
Search 14 national regulatory inventories in one reliable source. National Chemical Inventories™ (NCI) is the only CD reference tool to include in one source, chemical substance information listed in 14 major national regulatory inventories from around the world.
NCI contains information that is text searchable and displayable for more than 312,000 substances.
NCI records include:
- a single entry for each substance that includes:
- all the information recorded for that substance in each of 14 inventories
- non-confidential substance information merged with CAS data
- multiple points of access, such as CAS Registry Numbers®, CAS synonyms, and inventory numbers from specific inventories
Features and Benefits
Simplify your compliance reporting. With substance information from 14 different national inventories collected in one easy-to-use disc, NCI is the ideal resource to consult for completing your pre-manufacture and pre-market notification reports.
Enjoy the benefit of electronic searching. NCI on CD enables you to quickly receive answers. NCI also provides a menu you can customize when browsing or searching.
Rely on the substance experts at CAS who built and maintain TSCA, and assign and verify all the CAS Registry Numbers reported for each substance in the NCI inventory lists
CAS is the source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers.
Twice a year, you will receive update discs that cumulate the latest information derived directly from CAS' authoritative collection of inventory information. View system requirements.
Reduce the cost of compliance by purchasing a subscription to NCI for:
- A low annual subscription rate
- One fixed cost each year
An annual subscription to NCI includes:
- Networking for four (4) users per site
- Two update discs each year - coinciding with the semiannual release of TSCA inventory data from the Environmental Protection Agency
When you start your subscription, you will be asked to choose one of the following for your first NCI cumulative update:
- The update immediately preceding your start date, or
- The next scheduled update
To order National Chemical Inventories or to obtain more information, please contact CAS Customer Center