STN on the Web Enhanced with New Patent Family Assistant and Updated Structure Plug-In
STN on the Web was updated to include a new Patent Family Assistant and an updated Structure Plug-in.
The new Patent Family Assistant is located in the Assistants folder (previously Search Assistants folder) and allows you to:
- Extract the first member from each patent family: Use this feature to include only a single member from each patent family in your answer set.
- Remove twin multiple basics from patent families*: Use this feature to manage the multiple basic patent content of a CA/CAplus answer set with the option to retain the:
- WO basic patent,
- national basic patent with oldest priority,
- patent with the oldest application date or
- patent with the oldest publication date.
- Customize displays of patent family results: Save time and money by selecting different display formats for the first family member of a patent family vs. equivalents.
Take advantage of improved structure drawing and searching capabilities available with the updated Structure Plug-in (version 8.5).
*This feature of the new Patent Family Assistant is also new to STN.