Annual MEDLINE® Reload on STN® Features Enhanced Clinical Trial Information and the 2015 MeSH Thesaurus
The 2015 MEDLINE reload on STN launched on January 25, 2015. Key improvements introduced with the reload include:
- Updated MEDLINE backfile records. Existing MEDLINE records including index terms changed or deleted for 2015 have been updated to reflect current MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) terminology
- More clinical trial information. The number of authorities for which abbreviated clinical trial authority names and clinical trial numbers are indexed, in the /FS and /NCT fields, respectively, has been expanded greatly. Type HELP CLINICALTRIALS at an arrow prompt within MEDLINE to see the names of clinical trial authorities now being indexed when journal articles discuss specific clinical trial results, etc.
- One click access to source documents, including full text in many instances, via complete Digital Object Identifier hyperlinks in the /DOI field. Similarly, the /AUID field now also provides one click access to ORCID entries, which provides additional information about authors
- Multiple addresses per author, when provided
- Information on Associated Datasets and Associated Publications in the /CM (Comment) custom display field, along with MEDLINE on STN Accession Numbers, as available
The reloaded MEDLINE also features the 2015 MeSH thesaurus, which introduces 310 new controlled indexing terms. To see lists of new, changed and deleted terms, navigate to the following: New terms, Changed terms and Deleted terms.
Customers should review these lists to determine whether there is a new term that will increase the precision of their searches, or if alerts and saved search strategies need to be updated.