Before heading to the lab, scientists worldwide use SciFinder® to plan their chemistry and related scientific research. CHEMCATS® (Chemical Catalogs), produced by CAS, is a catalog containing information about commercially available chemicals and worldwide suppliers.
Be part of the most authoritative, comprehensive and current source for scientists' R&D needs
SciFinder, produced by CAS, provides access to the most authoritative collection of chemistry. CAS is the only organization that can assign and verify CAS Registry Numbers®.
Finding information to order chemicals is one of the most frequently used features in SciFinder. Researchers say SciFinder informs 50% of these decisions.
A single click gives scientists instant access to commercial suppliers participating in CHEMCATS to purchase the chemicals they need..
SciFinder is the preferred chemistry research solution around the world
- SciFinder is used by hundreds of thousands of scientists in more than 80 countries every day
- The top 100 universities and consortia in the world use SciFinder
- 90% of the top chemical companies worldwide use SciFinder
- 92% of the top biotech companies globally use SciFinder
- 96% of the top pharmaceutical companies globally use SciFinder
- SciFinder users have access to the most accurate collection of fine chemicals
CHEMCATS Supplier Concierge Service
Make the most of your SciFinder opportunity with CHEMCATS Supplier Concierge Service now available to all participating suppliers. CAS will help onboard your company to becoming a CHEMCATS supplier and maximize your business building potential with SciFinder at no cost to you.
Just some of the guidance you will be provided:
- Our database experts will analyze your catalog against CAS REGISTRYSM. CAS will then provide:
- Count of records, matching CAS REGISTRY substances, loaded to SciFinder as well as non-matching catalog numbers
- Tips on how to improve matching, including how to resolve name/CAS Registry Number discrepancies
- Potential new substances to be added to CAS REGISTRY
- Our experts will also make the most of your catalogs visibility in SciFinder by working with you to include:
- Categorical data that would improve customer confidence
- Price and availability information
- Up-to-date catalog information
- In addition, our experts will help drive business to your company through hyperlinks in SciFinder that deliver the user directly to the desired product page on your site. Experts will:
- Provide guidance on what you can do on your website to enable “Product Links” and “Price and Availability Links” in SciFinder
- Randomly test for and notify you of broken links
- Provide other website observations to help you build your business
CAS is committed to helping suppliers drive their business through CHEMCATS by increasing the ease of use and quality of information for SciFinder users as well as additional development and services for supplier partners.
CHEMCATS Supplier Additional Services
CHEMCATS chemical suppliers pay an annual participation fee. Additional options available for purchase include:
Featured Listings - Jump above search results, including preferred suppliers, with featured listings for your products. A featured listing includes your company logo. Up to three featured listings will be presented above the search results to increase visibility and aid conversion. Limited to three supplier partners in 2016, available on a first come basis.
Company Logo - Stand out and apart from your competitors in search results with the company logo option. Every time one of your company's products is displayed in the search results set, it will include your company's logo.
CAS Registry Number Service - Use CAS Registry Numbers in your catalog to ensure your customers are ordering exactly what they need. The CAS Registry Number Service delivers a list of CAS Registry Numbers for all supplier catalog items in SciFinder.
Professional Services provided by Science IP - Professional Services can be used for any services offered by Science IP, including but not limited to resolving substance identity issues, providing detailed substance information, providing literature and patent references for substances, as well as answering competitive intelligence questions.
On the CHEMCATS Supplier Data Submission web page, there is more information on the data submission requirements and additional benefits information.
The following links provide additional information on preparing and submitting your chemical catalog for inclusion in CHEMCATS: